Tuesday, October 12, 2010

“My Deliverer”

Rebecca Kent


I see them in the distance,

Mocking me for my beliefs.

Their eyes take in my grief,

And say You won’t deliver me. . .

Give up oh daughter of Zion!

Your God is not there.

You pray, you cry, you search for Him,

But you will find Him no where.

But God, You are my one deliverer,

My shelter from life’s storms.

No man could ever take Your place,

Or comfort me in my grief.

You take me out of life’s shadows,

And bring me to the greenest of fields

And here Your arms encircle me

And heal my laden heart.

No burden is too heavy for You,

No storm too wild to calm

No laden heart too laden down,

To heal within Your arms.

You are my one deliverer,

My shelter from life’s storms.

You heal my laden, heavy heart,

And comfort me in Your arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment