Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Life

Rebecca Kent

I want the answer God, why can you not tell me?
I want to know what lies ahead. . .
Because all this confusion in my life,
Keeps me awake in bed. . .

There's so much that can make me cry,
And so much that makes me smile.
But the question is what lies ahead,
In the marathon of this next mile?

I want to know the answer, but I don't.
I want to cry, but I can't. . .
My heart may be weak, but my mind is strong,
And I'll smile at the end of this rant.

Until I know the answer to my life,
I will just sit here and wish.
In a life that is laid out in stone and is clear
I want no more maybe's and what-ifs.

But though life is hard, and people insincere,
And all life lies in a haze.
I will praise the Lord with my soul, my whole heart.
And thank Him for all of my days.

For someday I am quite reassured,
That all of my life will make sense.
God will tell me the whole of the story,
And I will marvel in His magnificence.

No comments:

Post a Comment